The main hypothesis started from the consideration that the development of a socio-economic territorial network can act as driver for sustainable urban regeneration and rural areas competitiveness, by involving producers and sellers in targeted urban-rural areas, also acting on food chains.
Two are the main topics:
- Urban regeneration connected to urban rural link;
- From rural area to urban district The CLUDs project aimed at investigate the key success factors acting in urban regeneration processes:
- Enhancement the local economy from the perspective of the network;
- Competitive repositioning of the urban district in the global economy; - Sustainability of interventions of urban regeneration thanks to the integrated logistics (Km 0) and community planning oriented approach;
- Improvement of services to citizens.
In the first year the CLUDs has emphasized the role of the urban district as catalyst of mixed partnership forms, according to a spatial urban configuration.
Boston has a strong district logic in the urban planning instruments,
connected and integrated with economic development strategies.
In order to understand what are the key factors of PPP initiatives, 12 case studies distributed in different districts of the metropolitan area of Boston have been analyzed. In the second year the CLUDs has emphasized the roles of the community and of the localized production system to foster local economic development through the connection of urban regeneration to milieu concept.
San Diego has a strong community led approach in the urban planning instruments, connected and integrated with economic development strategies. In order to understand what are the key factors of Community Led Approach, 12 case studies distributed in different community plan in San Diego have been analyzed.
The contribution of the CLUDs project to Europe 2020 strategy, within the sustainable urban development is related to:
- The rationale of district for the implementation of ITI (Integrated Territorial Investment).
- The rationale of the community led approach for the implementation of CLLD (Community -Led Local Development).
Click your Ideas
Kick off Meetings
First Mid-Term Meeting
Second Mid-Term Meeting
CLUDs and Urban Regeneration
National and International Publications
National and International Conference Attended
What we do
+ Join our mailing list
Join our mailing list
Università degli Studi "MEDITERRANEA"
CLUDs Lab - Community Local Urban Development Laboratory - Universita' degli Studi Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria - Dipartimento Patrimonio Architettonico e Urbanistico
Via Salita Melissari, Feo di Vito - 89124 Reggio Calabria IT - tel. (+39) 0965 385201 fax. (+39) 0965 385219